Okay, don’t hate me for participating in another one of these contests. I’m trying to win a query critique here!
Today’s task is to have your character (not your main character, but one that you find tricky to write) answer some questions….
Ellen Holden (Alexis’s mom)
1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
I’m desperately trying to prove to my (dead) parents and my friends that I’m a success, through my daughters’ accomplishments. People know that my daughters are successful but they don’t know how much it means to me for my own life. I can prove my success through them.
2. What do people believe about you that is false?
People (mainly Alexis and her therapist) believe that I’m mean and disapproving. They think that my standards are impossible and I’m too harsh.
3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
My best friend is probably my husband. He would say that my fatal flaw is that I’m more partial to Courtney than Alexis. But Courtney has exceeded every expectation I’ve ever set for her. Alexis needs to be pushed.
4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
Jim knows that I love my children even if it may seem otherwise.
5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
What I want most is to be respected in my community. I will push my children and myself as far as I need to in order to maintain that reputation.
I have more blog assignments later this week….